Thursday, January 10, 2013

What's the purpose?

Have you ever stopped to think about why we face the little details that make up our life? Why did it take me 3 years to conceive our son? Why was there a time in my life when I walked far from the heart of God? Why did I marry who I married? Why am I at the job I am at? I could really go on and on... 

Well, I believe with all my heart, that it all has a purpose. I feel like my life is this giant, massive jigsaw puzzle and everything in my life is another little piece to that puzzle. Without that piece, my puzzle would be incomplete, and God wouldn't be able to finish his masterpiece. The pieces include the good, bad and the ugly. Without the ugly, God wouldn't be able to come in and make our lives beautiful. 

Even when it's hard to fathom why God would want us to go through such heartache, the pain of losing someone near and dear... there is a reason. God doesn't make mistakes, he is a just God and all that he does is with purpose. Doesn't that make you smile? Your life has purpose! No matter what is going on around you; your kids don't speak to you, your husband left you, your jobless, and you are losing your home, all sounds pretty crappy, but your LIFE, it has a purpose. God created us, each of us with a different purpose in mind.

It's up to US to seek God and find out what that purpose is. Be patient. He may not reveal things to you in a quick minute, but if you pray, and you ask God to show you how he wants to use you. I promise, in his time, he will show you. Now, his time, may not be our time, so be ready, and be ready to be used. You may think you'll start slow, but he says no, I want you to come out running - you need to be prepared for whatever it is. 

Laying in bed at night and meditating on that fact that this PERFECT God, created me so that he could LOVE me, and use me to bring glory to his name... me? Of all people, what could I possibly do that would help bring glory to the name of the almighty? Well, seek and you shall find. 

So today, go around with a smile on your face. Wear it proud no matter what you are going through. Your FATHER in heaven loves you and your father in heaven wants to use you. Will you let him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment