Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Different direction....

Everything happens for a reason. It's funny isn't it, we can say this to other people... we can even think it when bad things happen, but when it comes to your own life, we don't want it to apply. Or at least I don't.

Last night I had an eye opening experience happen. I don't want to go into detail about what it was exactly, because it's not going to happen now, and it's one of those things that people definitely have their opinions about and I really don't want to hear the opinions. The point of this post is to talk about the different directions our lives can take in a matter of seconds.

I had been praying and planning on something for a little while now. And last night, I was going to see if what I thought, could really be a reality. I was really excited, I felt that this WAS the path I was suppose to be taking. But then, to my surprise, God had a different plan.

With all my heart, I do believe that ALL things happen for a reason. I have too. But when it comes to my own immediate life, I find myself making excuses for it. "No, this can't mean that" and "there has to be another way around this, I can still get it!" I am not a patient person, or at least I didn't use to be, I am much better now. But I feel like God is still teaching me a lot on patience and last night I got another lesson :(

There was something I thought I was going to get, and after looking through all the red tape, I realized it was never going to happen for me. The "what" isn't important here and you're probably sitting there letting the "what is it" take your focus off the main point. When God redirects something in our life, it's not because he doesn't care, or doesn't love us, it's because he can see the BIG picture. It is because he loves and cares so much for us,  and maybe the outcome after what we are desiring, won't be so desirable.

As I sat in my car last night crying and pouring out to my husband some personal emotions, he reminded me that this wasn't suppose to happen and that everything does happen for a reason. So we have two paths, we can wallow in self pity because we didn't get OUR way, or we can pick our head up and pray about what it is GOD would have us do. We can pray for his direction instead of ours.

This is really hard for me, because all last night and even today, I have been moping around here like a person who has nothing. LOL, well, that is the FURTHEST from the truth, I have SO MUCH to be thankful for. I am going to turn a new page here, and I am going to try really hard here to seek what God has, because I don't want to miss it! I do know that his plan is best, he is my father who loves me, and wants nothing but wonderful things for me. So rather than push the matter and try and make MY way work, I am going to pray and ask him to show me HIS way instead.

Can you relate to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment